Tier 2 Visa - Points Based System
In order to submit the application for tier 2 visa UK successfully, the very first requirement is to have a job offer. Tier 2 immigration visa specifically caters to skilled and experienced people with the required qualifications.
As in case of other Tier visas, namely tier 3, 4 and 5, applying for tier 2 visa requires the applicants have the sponsorship certificate. Here, the employers that are sponsoring the applicant also have to satisfy certain responsibilities. One of these responsibilities is that they have to be registered with the UK Border Agency as licensed sponsors.
Tier 2 visa UK is subdivided into following four sub-categories:
- · Tier 2 general UK work permit
- · Tier 2 visas for sportspeople
- · Tier 2 intra-company transfer work permits
- · Tier 2 Minister of Religion
One of the basic advantages of tier-2 immigration visa is that they can help you to permanent settle in the United Kingdom. If you succeed in living 5 years in the UK, under tier 2 immigration visa, you are eligible to make application for Indefinite Leave to Remain. If you meet certain requirements needed for British citizenship, you can easily become the permanent resident of the United Kingdom.
How to access eligibility for tier 2 immigration visa:
In order to submit the application successfully, you need to score at least 70 points. Below are the areas for assessment.
- · If an applicant succeeds in getting sponsorship certificate, he/she will be awarded 30 points. In addition to certificate, he needs to fulfil following requirements. The job should be on the shortage list, and the job should satisfy the test for resident labour market, or the applicant is making a switch from tier 1 visa category.
- · Applicant will be awarded 20 points for appropriate salary.
- · 10 points will be awarded for English language. There are a number of ways in which you can score points here. For instance; if you are a resident of the country where English is spoken by the majority of the people, you have passed a recognised test for English language or you hold a degree where the medium of instructions was English, and the degree is equivalent to UK’s bachelor's degree.
- · 10 points will be awarded for Maintenance requirements.
Our highly skilled UK immigration lawyers can help you get your tier 2 visa in the shortest possible time. For more information and advise please contact one of our expert Immigration Advisors.
ContactUs+44 (0) 203 790 9023 +44 (0) 203 691 6001 email@example.com www.wisestep.net 25 North Row, Mayfair, London, W1K 6DJ
Leave us your phone number here and we'll call you back!