Call Now

+44 (0) 203 790 9023

Family - Spouse / Civil and Unmarried Partners


Spouses and Civil and Unmarried partners of United Kingdom citizens along with other settled applicants in the United Kingdom are allowed to travel to the United Kingdom to live with their spouse and civil and unmarried partners and may work, study, seek work or settle if they are self sufficient or retired. Spouses/Civil and Unmarried partners of settled people in the United Kingdom are generally allowed to accompany their settled relatives providing their settled spouse or civil and unmarried partner has legitimate immigration status and leave to stay in the United Kingdom for the duration of the proposed stay. Spouses and Civil partners are normally granted a probationary 2 year period following which they become eligible for indefinite leave to stay in the United Kingdom. Unmarried partners are required to provide substantive evidence that their relationship has subsisted for a minimum 2 year period prior to the application. In all of the above categories, all applicants must provide satisfactory evidence that the relationship claimed is subsisting and the applicants would be adequately accommodated and maintained whilst in the United Kingdom without recourse to public funds. Wise Step would prepare your application to the best attainable standard with precise advice on the merits of your case thereby assuring you of its approval by the decision maker.